Home      About Me      Makeovers      Odds and Ends      Services

Monday, April 6, 2009

FAQ/Policy

Items in bold were updated on 8/18/10

Please read through this entire section before placing your order. By making a payment, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to comply with my terms. :)

Q: I am absolutely clueless when it comes to writing a post, adding photos or sidebar gadgets. Does my makeover include assistance in these (and other) areas?

A: Your makeover only includes the items that are listed in your quote. I have a blog tip blog that is full of free tutorials geared at helping the beginning blogger. If you require more assistance than the tutorials provide, I offer individual assistance at the rate of $15/hour (1 hour minimum). If this is something that you are interested in, just ask!

Q: When will you work on my order?

A: My working hours vary during a makeover. I used to be able to work nonstop 8-5 every day until a makeover was finished. Now, not so much! I am at stay at home mom to two precious, busy little girls (ages 3 and 4). With each passing month, staying at home all day during a makeover becomes less and less of an option.

Most makeovers are completed within 2-4 days. My goal is to have all orders finished by Wednesday. This estimate depends upon several factors, including the complexity of the design, the size of the order, my personal schedule, how often you are able to reply to my emails, and how thorough and detailed you are in your feedback.

I will ask for you opinion several times throughout the design process in order to create the look that you desire. Your honest, detailed feedback is often essential for me to be able to complete the next step of the design. Replying to my emails as soon as possible is highly recommended. If you are unable to check your email at least once every day during the makeover, we will need to reschedule your makeover for a time that you will be able to do so. Ideally, it would be great if you could check your email more often than that. :)

I do not work on weekends, so if I am working on your order and we do not finish by Friday, I will resume working on your blog the following Monday. This is seldom an issue.

Q: How do I pay for your services?

A: Once we have discussed your order, I will send you a link where you can make an online payment. I only accept payments via PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, don't worry. You can still use PayPal to pay by check or major credit card.

IMPORTANT! It sometimes takes several days for a check to clear. If you intend to pay by check, you will need to make your final payment a full week prior to your start date. Failure to do so could result in being bumped to my next available start date. All payments must be received before I begin working on your makeover.

Q. Do I have to give you the password for my blog?

A. Yes. It is preferred that you temporarily change your password by going to your dashboard-->my account.

Q. Will the items in my sidebar be on my new layout?

A. It is highly unlikely that anything will be lost during the design process, however, it is recommended that you backup any photos or blog lists (blog rolls) that you would have difficulty replacing. This is especially important if you are wanting me to delete or move columns in your template.

Q: I would like to order a header with photos and a few framed photos for my sidebar. Will I be able to change the photos later?

A: I can change the photos in elements that I have designed for $2/photo ($5 minimum order).

Q: I’d like to order a set of custom sidebar titles. Will I be able to change the wording once they are installed?

A: Custom sidebar titles are created as separate images and can only be changed using the program on my computer. I can create new/additional custom titles for $1.50 each ($5 minimum order). Standard titles can easily be changed by the blogger once the makeover is finished. Click here for more sidebar title information.

Q: Why the $5 minimum order?

A: I no longer accept payments that amount to less than $5. I base my prices upon how long it takes to complete each order. Including consultation, I seldom am able to complete an order in less than an hour. I am also hit with a fee every time a payment is made. A $5 minimum order ensures that I profit from small orders.

Q: Can I add to an order once you have begun?

A: Of course you can! Anything added to the order after I have started can be paid for before I load the new look to your real blog.

Q. Can I view my design while you work on it or before you install it?

A. Absolutely! Once I begin work on your blog, I will send you the link to a test blog where I will be working on your order. I will ask for your opinion several times throughout the design process. You must approve the final design before I install it on your blog.

Q. Do you give refunds?

A. Deposits are nonrefundable. No refunds will be given once I begin working on your blog. I determine my costs based on the amount of time it takes me to create/install each item, therefore, I do not credit or switch out items for other items after I've designed them. Revisions will not be made for change of preference once my designs are installed on your blog. I do allow a one-time revision where I will fix anything that you bring to my attention that needs to be fixed. You must approve the test blog before I load your new look, so there will not be a need for more than one quick revision. After that, revisions will be billed at the rate of $10/hour.

********************************************************************

If you have something specific in mind for your design please describe it in detail when you place your order. If you're not quite sure what you want, take a few days to think it over. Visit your favorite blogs and find headers/layouts that you like. Give me their URLs (web addresses) and I'll let you know if I can match the general look.

I use digital scrapbooking kits and/or istock images for most of my designs. I have to purchase and download them in order to use them on my computer, even if it is a kit or image that you have previously purchased. As per the designers' terms of use, I cannot give you the design items that you purchase through me. They are marketed to be installed on one computer only.

If you decide to switch design images mid-design there will be an additional fee to cover the cost of the new kit and the amount of time I've already spent designing.

On every blog that I design, I include a link back to Blogs by Sneaky Momma, as well as a credit to the designer of the images that I used in your makeover. This information is required to remain on your blog for as long as you are using any of the elements that I designed.

I am not responsible for the personal information that you put on your blog or that you hire me to put on your blog. Safety precautions should always be taken with online information. I will never give out any personal info that you give me.

I include linked examples of most of my designs in my online portfolio. If you would rather me not link to your blog, please let me know. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what I can do for you! :)